Personal Data Protection
1. Application of Policy
This Policy is based on the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (“PDPA”) and all the associated regulations and guidelines which may from time to time be issued by the Personal Data Protection Commission (“PDPC”) of Singapore.
SAR will collect, use or disclose personal data for reasonable business purposes only if there is consent or deemed consent from the individual and information on such purposes have been notified. SAR may also collect, use or disclose personal data if it is required or authorised under applicable laws.
By interacting or communicating with us through email, by telephone, in writing or by using our website, or by providing personal data to us, you agree to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data in the manner described in this policy.
2. Collection of Personal Data
SAR collect personal data from our business contacts, partners, personnel, contractors and other individuals. Such personal data may be provided to us in forms filled out by individuals, email messages, telephone conversations, through our websites or provided by third parties. Normally the personal data collected may include an individual’s:
• name, title, address;
• NRIC, personal identification and/or passport number;
• telephone/handphone number;
• email address;
• records of communications with SAR;
• bank account information;
• camera or video footage that identifies individuals (including CCTV footage);
• website usage information.
SAR collect these personal data when it is necessary for business purposes or to meet the purposes for which you have submitted the information.
If you provide us with any Personal Data relating to a third party (e.g. information of your spouse, children, parents, and/or employees), by submitting such information to us, you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of the third party to provide us with their Personal Data for the respective purposes.
As with most websites, when you visit the SAR website or use an application on the SAR website, SAR may record anonymous information such as IP address (where not used to identify a specific individual), time, date, referring URL, pages accessed and documents downloaded, type of browser and operating system.
SAR also uses “cookies”. A cookie is a small file that stays on your computer until, depending on whether it is a sessional or persistent cookie, you turn your computer off or it expires. Cookies may collect and store your personal data. You may adjust your internet browser to disable cookies. If cookies are disabled you may still use the SAR website, but may be limited in the use of some of the features.
4. Use of Personal Data
SAR only collects uses and discloses personal data with an individual’s consent or deemed consent or as otherwise permitted under the PDPA or other applicable laws and regulations.
Generally, SAR collects, uses and discloses your Personal Data for the following purposes:
• conducting, improving, maintaining and developing a business relationship
• responding to individual’s queries;
• managing the administrative and business operations of SAR and complying with internal policies and procedures;
• legal purposes;
• for recruitment purposes;
• for purposes related to the employment of our personnel and providing internal services to our personnel; and
• all other purposes related to our business.
SAR takes reasonable steps to ensure the individual is aware of:
• the likely use of the information;
• the means of requesting SAR on the provision of personal data that is in the possession of SAR;
• the means of withdrawing any consent in respect of the collection, use or disclosure of the personal data that is in the possession of SAR;
• the identity and contact details of the organisation;
• any law requiring collection of the information; and
• the main consequences of failure to provide the information.
5. Disclosure of Personal Data
SAR does not disclose personal data to third parties except when required by law, when we have your consent or deemed consent or in cases where we have engaged the third party such as data intermediaries or subcontractors specifically to assist with our orgnisation’s activities. Any such third parties whom we engage will be bound contractually to keep all information confidential.
6. Cross Border Disclosure of Personal Data
Any personal data provided to SAR may be transferred to, stored by or disclosed to an overseas recipient. For example, SAR may use a server hosted overseas to store data, which may include your personal data.
Your personal data may also be processed by employees or by other third parties operating outside of Singapore, who work for SAR, or by the representatives and employees of SAR’s parent company.
SAR will take reasonable steps, in the circumstances, before your personal data is disclosed to an overseas recipient, to ensure that the overseas recipient provide a standard of protection to personal data so transferred that is comparable to the protection under the PDPA.
7. Security of Personal Data
SAR will take reasonable steps to ensure that personal data is securely stored.
SAR protects personal data from misuse or loss by restricting access to the information in electronic format and by appropriate physical and communications security.
Any data destroyed is disposed of in a manner that protects the privacy of personal data in an appropriate manner.
8. Retention of Personal Data
SAR will cease to retain personal data, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that the purpose for collection of such personal data is no longer being served by such retention, and such retention is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
9. Withdrawal of Consent, Access and Correction of Personal Data
a) have any questions or feedback relating to your Personal Data or our Data Protection Policy;
b) would like to withdraw your consent to any use of your Personal Data as set out in this Data Protection Policy; or
c) would like to obtain access and make corrections to your Personal Data records, please contact SAR as follows:
Write in: Data Protection Officer
Sakari Resources Limited
101 Thomson Road, #10-05
SAR reserve the right to modify or change this policy at any time.